Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tag - You're It!

OK, I was tagged by Barry for my top 5 holiday song picks, so here they are:

1. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by The Pretenders. I love this song, and this version is great. BTW, Chrissie Hynde is a truly amazing performer, and if you ever have the chance to see her sing live, its worth going. She's one of the few performers I've seen live that I can say is even better in person than her recordings are!

2. "Do They Know its Christmas" (original version) by Band Aid. This song is still great, although its hard to believe the song is now 22 years old! How old does that make me?

3. "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives. Whenever I hear this song, I feel like a kid again. Also, I can't help but imagine the Saturday Night Live parody of the Snowman from Rudolph on Saturday Night Live's TV Funhouse (The Narrator Who Ruined Christmas).

4. "Santa Baby" by Madonna. Its a very funny remake of a 1950's holiday song, and I like the material girl's version much better than Kylie Minogue's.

5. "Merry Christmas, Darling" by The Carpenters. This song is kind of sad, but its so fitting for the many people who are separated by distance at the holidays. I remember hearing it when I first moved to California in 1993 and wasn't able to come home for the holidays.

Its a bit late in the game, so I hope my nominees haven't been tagged already (I don't think so), so I'm tagging the following:

Gina (hopefully she's reading!)
Kassie
Sandra
Elizabeth (maybe she's reading even if she's not posting)
Jay

By the way, if you don't celebrate Chrismas, please don't be offended (consider it a compliment that you were tagged).

1 comment:

BetterCell said...

Chrissie Hynde is great...Check out "Pop Star" w/The Pretenders.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.